Points to note Commercial Roller Shutters
The difference between Commercial and Domestic Rollershutters
The commercial rollershutter can span up to 4200mm for large windows in a single span. The shape of the commercial rollershutter slat profile has been designed specifically to suit the Commercial roller shutter market along with many Domestic applications. The German built roll forming machine is the most advanced of its type in Australia today. The AR551 series slat is a double walled cavity, curved 55mm profile with PU foam injected during the roll forming process it's. Nominal Thickness: 13.6mm This process provides economical strength and insulation qualities. The curved shape of the slat provides minimal roll sizes and optimal lateral strength.
It's benefits are: can span up to 4200mm for large windows in a single span
It's down falls are Price, and no Bush Fire Rating. For this reason the domestic rollershutter is still the most popular rollershutter on the market.
You can view these difference at rollershutters.com.au
The greenhouse effect and rollershutters:
It is a well-known and undisputed fact that external solar protection
devices are superior to an internal system with respect to the energy transmission
rate and thus to room temperature.
OZRoll shutters gain CSIRO approval:
We are pleased to advice that OZRoll have received CSIRO approval for their
Thermal insulation properties of rollershutters:
Potential savings on heating and cooling energy consumption.
Noise insulation with rollershutters:
Independent lab tests on OZRoll rollershutters prove that OZRoll rollershutters
can reduce noise transmission through a window opening.
OZRoll rollershutters awarded Australian Design Mark:
To our knowledge this is the only window roller shutter product that can
make such a claim. Designed and built in Australia to the highest of standards,
the OZRoll rollershutter has been recognised by the design and engineering
industries as a stand out product.
Australia's largest home insurer the NRMA reportsthat 55% of domestic home break-ins are through unprotected windows.
The roller shutter can offer the first line of defence in this situation and has the major advantage of being a visual deterrent.
The roller shutters unique operation and locking device also offer a physical barrier against forced intrusion.
The slat is rolled to form a hollow casing into which a PU foam is injected, creating an 13.6mm (AR551 series) thick wall of insulation, similar in style to a cool room.
There is that added insulating qualities of the air gap between the shutter and the window. These functions could provide up to 90% reduction in thermal transfer through the covered window.
The insulating qualities of the roller shutter have the additional function of dampening the intrusion of unwanted noise by up to 50%. By creating a barrier in front of the window, the noise flow, which is transferred by vibrations through the air is reduced.
The roller shutter will offer a physical barrier against driving rain, high winds and flying debris.
Roller shutters are especially effective against hail, protecting the glass from breaking and possible personal injury.
The heat from a bush fire can easily shatter the glass in a window and allow the entry of radiant heat and ashes to the home.
In this case, the roller shutter will offer an effective barrier against radiating heat and airborne ashes.
Features and benefits:
- Roller shutters are seen as a real deterrent to would-be intruders.
- Creates difficulty for forced entry with or without tools.
- Choice of ODS, manual or electric controls.
- Fully automated electronic controls are also available.
- A significant reduction in noise level is achieved whether it be busy traffic, neighbours or barking dogs.
- Close off your home completely to outsiders or create a controlled outlook with partially opened slats.
- Ideal for coastal areas: Wind, Rain, Debris, and Hail are no problem for a roller shutter.
- Do not rattle in strong winds.
- Protect leaking windows.
- Prevent the broken window and ‘spot’ fires that so often destroy family homes during a bush fire.
- "Protect your property from the harsh Australian climate".
- Clear operation parallel to the window and wall prevents interference with exterior paths and walkways.
- Stylish Design.
- Blends with any architectural style.
- OZRoll use high quality materials and coatings that include pre-coated ABR's and Dura Coat 5000.
- A product that has the ability to be able to pay for itself, due to cost saving on energy, not to mention overall peace of mind.
- Commercial Rollershutters are not recommended to be used in open areas or as a garage door.